Take part in an unforgettable immersive trek and taste full day tour from Taormina or Giardini Naxos as you encounter one of Europe’s most fearsome active volcanoes - Mount Etna, including a delicious lunch.
About this tour:
- Relax with a comfortable return transport from Taormina or Giardini Naxos
- Meet your expert guide and be ready to start your adventure
- Climb towards the craters and across volcanic rocks
- Dip into the nature and unique ecosystem of Mount Etna
- Enjoy a tipical Sicilian lunch on Mount Etna
Tick an unforgettable activity off your bucket list with this full day tour of Mount Etna departing from Taormina or Giardini Naxos. A day trip trekking to Mount Etna departing from Taormina can be an exciting and memorable experience for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers, trekking on one of the most active volcanoes in Europe, that has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A day trip trekking to Mount Etna from Taormina is a great adventure that combines hiking, nature, and culture.
Get ready for an unforgettable full day from Taormina
You will be picked up in Taormina or Giardini Naxos, depending on what you choose as the starting point during the booking process and then your full day trip to the Mount Etna will start! At your arrival at the slopes of Mount Etna, you will meet your guide who will take you to the trekking path on the volcano. You will be astonished by the size, power, and beauty of the volcano that can leave you in awe of nature's grandeur and complexity. It is important to be prepared for the trek by wearing comfortable clothes and shoes and following the safety instructions of the guides. There will also be the chance for free rental of additional equipment, such as wind jacket/kway or walking sticks.
Hike through a moonscape unlike any other
You will start climbing towards the top of some of the 7 so called lateral craters which were formed during the 1865 eruption, creating an amazing “buttons shapes” effect: several cones in succession aligned on the eruptive axis as if they were buttons. As you trek through the craters, you will witness the unique geological formations, including lava flows, ash deposits, and volcanic rocks. You will have the chance to dip into the unique ecosystem of Mount Etna, that hosts a variety of flora and fauna, many of which are adapted to the harsh and variable conditions of a volcanic environment. Admire the special Betula aetnensis, also known as Etna birch, is a rare and endemic tree species that typically grows in North Europe. The tree is adapted to the volcanic soil and the cold and windy conditions of high altitude at the slopes of Mount Etna. That is why Betula aetnensis is considered a symbol of the biodiversity and resilience of Mount Etna.
Take in the best views in all of Sicily and enjoy a delicious lunch
The trek on the Mount Etna offers spectacular views of the surrounding landscape you can witness the vastness and diversity of the Sicilian landscape, from the coast to the interior, and the contrast between the lush vegetation and the barren lava fields. If you are lucky enough to have a sunny clear wheather, you will admire the Sicilian coastline, which stretches from Messina to Catania to Calabria and Ionian Sea, even including a views on Stromboli island! After this exciting trekking trail, it's time to refuel with a delicious lunch on Mount Etna, that will include a three courses menu, featuring local Sicilian specialties: great way to experience the local culinary tradition and replenish your energy after your trekking efforts. Just remember to pace yourself, savor each dish, and enjoy the stunning views of the mountain and the surrounding landscape. There will also be the chance to spend 1 free hour on the volcano. After a full day of trekking and exploring, you can return to Taormina in the evening, feeling fulfilled and enriched with new experiences and memories.
Required: hiking shoes or good walking/sport shoes (no flip-flops!).
The actual itinerary on the Mount Etna may slightly vary depending on weather and trail conditions in order to guaratee guests safety. The tour quality will always be preserved.
Strongly suggested hat and sunscreen.
We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
This tour is not recommended for those with blood pressure and heart problems as well as asthma sufferers.
Provided that we will do our best to proceed with the tours, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our vehicle until and if the rain should stop and road conditions will guarantee a safe tour. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the vehicle.
Since we are aware that the experience running today, might not be the one you had wished for, we are hereby giving you the following choices, to be communicated to our Staff DURING THE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL activities or NO activities due to heavy RAIN Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that It will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to accommodate you, weather permitting.
2) Reschedule the tour for another day, subject to availability. Please contact our Booking office in order to ask for availability and rescheduling the experience. If no suitable date / time is available for the reschedule, you will be able to choose any other experience available, upon availability, with an equal or less value, or eventually an experience with a higher value, paying only the difference.
3) A credit, called Rain Check, (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possibly used in any other tour provided by our company. Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain". We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly. No-shows will not be refunded.
Please note that we now have 2 MEETING POINTS IN TAORMINA/GIARDINI NAXOS: Please double check for the correspondent meeting point according to your choosen departure point.
price per person