See the true beauty of the Tuscan countryside as they would have in days gone by - from the back of a trusty horse - before lunch and olive oil and wine tastings
About this tour:
- Get a 1.5 hour-long horseback ride through the Tuscan hills
- Visit an olive oil mill on a noble estate
- Visit two wineries and learn about wine production
- Enjoy a delicious and traditional Tuscan lunch
- Return transport from Florence
Discover the Chianti wine region from the back of a horse on this personalised experience. No experience is needed, just sit back and relax and marvel at the scenic landscape of the Tuscan hills. If that’s not enough, there’s a glut of food and drink for you to sample afterwards.
Admire the beauty of the Tuscan hills on horseback
Travel less than half an hour from the city of Florence to the stunning Chianti hills for the first stop of the day. Based in a truly picturesque environment, you’ll be introduced to your horse before a brief lesson to get you acquainted with the beast. Then, it’s a relaxed hour-and-a-half horseback ride through the olive groves and vineyards of the Tuscan hills - truly a day to remember.
Sample the region’s culinary delights
Horse riding can work up an appetite so you’ll be pleased to know that there’s a lot of food involved in this tour. The first stop after disembarking your gigi is an ancient olive oil mill on a noble estate. There, you’ll get a guided tour of the family’s spectacular spaces in a unique mix of ancient and modern and you’ll learn about the processes involved in making olive oil, as well as tasting their gourmet olive oil. Then, it’s onto a boutique winery.
Taste some wine and eat some lunch
At the winery, you’ll head down into the ancient cellar where you’ll learn about its unique approach to winemaking that has resulted in worldwide wine awards. If all that isn’t enough, the final stop of the day is a restaurant where you’ll enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch immersed in nature, sampling some of the incredible wines of where you’ve just been. Then, it’s time for your return journey to Florence via a scenic drive in a comfortable minivan. Perfect!
Please note that this tour is not permitted for children under 14. Horses can bear up to 220 lbs (100 kg).
The horseback ride is easy and relaxed and does not require previous experience. Please do not expect to trot or canter.
Long-leave pants and sports shoes are required (no flip-flops please!) We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
Horses and vineyards
The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience on the horse.
In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
In case the tour departure is not cancelled but anyway there's a chance of rain during the day, we will do our best to proceed with the tour, doing all we can to provide the horseback riding, possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan if and when the rain falls. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Guest options in this case are:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if horses are not ridden due to rain, or if the horse riding tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a horse, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to ""ride in the rain"".
No-shows will not be refunded."
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person
based on a group of 4