Get acquainted with the birthplace of the Renaissance with this walking tour of Florence. You’ll visit some of the UNESCO-listed historic centre’s most evocative attractions with an expert guide.
About this tour:
Avoid the waiting queues
- Walk across the historic centre of Florence with a private guide
- Admire the Duomo, Giotto’s belltower, the Ponte Vecchio and more
- Enjoy the exclusive service of a private dedicated guide
- Avoid the queues with skip the line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
- Get astonished by the masterpieces of the Uffizi Gallery
Tick some of Florence’s most incredible things to do off your bucket list in one day with his walking tour of its historic centre. As well as seeing the city’s key landmarks, you’ll get access into two of the city - and Italy’s - most revered art galleries.
Take a walking tour through the historic centre of Florence
Get to know one of the most important and charming cities of Italy that’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site. This walking tour of Florence explores the history and architecture of the birthplace of the Renaissance from its Roman foundations to modern day. An expert guide will show you key sites in the Medici banking family’s rise to power in the 14th and 15th century, while you’ll also see spots that have inspired or been created by the world’s greatest artists, such as the Duomo cathedral, the Ponte Vecchio bridge and the Palazzo Vecchio.
Get skip the line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
There’ll be a short stop for a tasting on your walk through the city before you visit the first of two incredible art galleries. Meet an expert art guide who will take you through the Accademia Gallery, to which you’ll have a fast-track priority tickets. The museum houses the sculpture that has become the symbol of Renaissance splendour, Michelangelo’s David. Once you’ve admired the 5.17m (17 foot) tall statue, see unfinished sculptures by the same aritst; as well as paintings and sculpture from Botticelli, Paolo Uccello and Andrea del Sarto.
Discover Italy’s most important museum - the Uffizi Gallery
This Florence walking tour allows you to visit not one but two of the country’s most renowned galleries. Second on the list is the Uffizi Museum where you’ll get a masterclass from a professional English-speaking guide on the evolution of Italian art from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. You’ll see the works come to life as masterpieces by Italy’s greatest artists are explained - and how they turned Florence into the capital of a revolutionary artistic and cultural period.
- Please let us know in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause delays in entering the museum.
- Please note that even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum."
This tour runs on rain or shine.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
Accademia ticket office, via Ricasoli, 58/60, Florence "look for our tour guide in front of civic number 58.
price per person
based on a group of 4