Immerse yourself in Ancient Rome by visiting two of the most important landmarks of the Holy Roman Empire, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum with skip-the-line tickets.
About this tour:
- Get an introduction to the History of the Colosseum as you explore the most photographed arena in the world
- Discover the legends of gladiators, and tales of slaves and wild animals
- Enjoy a walk into the Roman Forum with a private guide
- Climb up to the founding spot of Rome and enjoy spectacular views of the city
- Extra opportunity to visit the houses of Augustus and Nero
Discover the origin and the soul of Rome by taking an essential, no-frills visit inside its most famous Roman landmarks: the Colosseum and its Arena in the comfort of a private tour with an art history licensed guide.
Explore the most photographed and famous arena of them all
The Colosseum is symbolic of Rome and here's your chance to get to know one of the world’s best preserved buildings of its type. Accompanied by a private expert art and history guide, you’ll learn why it was built, the story of the famous “Roman Games'' and the legends of Gladiators fighting to the death to entertain the crowds. Its brutal history was not limited to just gladiators, with slaves, criminals and prisoners of war fighting for freedom and wild animals being involved. Once you’ve been down into the arena, you’ll walk along each tier of the arena, appreciating the ancient architecture that is still standing.
Pick out the landmarks of the Roman Forum
Once you’ve visited the Colosseum, it’s time to take a walk into the Roman Forum. Your guide will point out some of the highlights there such as the arch of Titus, the temple of Saturn, Vespasian and Antoninus Pius. Remember, that this was the social, political and commercial hub of the Roman Empire, and as you wander through this impressive district of temples, basilicas and public spaces, transport yourself to daily life 2,000 years ago.
See where Rome was founded and soak up the views
Our tour will end with a climb up to - according to legend - the founding spot of Rome on the Palatine hill where Romulus decided to build his Palace. From here, marvel at one spectacular final view of the Roman Forum. There’s also the option to continue your tour and visit some other sites on the hills, such as the Domus (houses) of Augustus and Nero (visits and tickets available on request.)
- Please let us know in advance any special needs or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Shorts, big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the Coliseum.
- Please note that the itinerary of the tour may vary according to the day’s schedule you may visit first the Colosseum than the Roman Forum or viceversa."
This tour runs on rain or shine.
Meet our tour leader in front of the “Arco di Costantino”, looking at the Colosseum from the short side of the arch.
price per person
based on a group of 4