This amazing Vespa tour is the best way to see Tuscany in a fun and easy way. Join the Italian Vespa club and live the Dolce Vita as you take in panoramic views of the Tuscan Hills, rounding off the trip with a guided visit to wine cellars and a traditional Tuscan meal.
About this tour:
- Spin along scenic country roads through the rolling Tuscan Hills by 50cc Piaggio Vespa, on this 6-hour tour from Florence.
- Admire panoramic views over the fruit-laden vineyards, ancient olive groves, medieval churches and traditional wineries for which Tuscany is famous.
- Enjoy a short visit around the town of Greve in Chianti, where you can sample delicious local produce.
- Learn of Tuscan winemaking techniques during a guided tour of a local Chianti winery’s cellars, and end with a traditional Tuscan lunch or dinner.
- Your knowledgeable guide shares insight into Tuscany’s rich history and culture, ensuring an authentic taste of Italy throughout your adventure.
- Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people, or upgrade to a private tour for a more intimate experience.
Experience the thrill of the open road and a welcome hit of Italian culture on this small-group Vespa tour from Florence. Spin through the beautiful countryside of Tuscany by 50cc Piaggio Vespa with your guide, and take in sweeping views over medieval churches, historic wineries, and fertile vineyards blanketing the hills. Learn of Tuscan winemaking traditions and techniques during a guided Chianti winery and cellar tour, and savor a delicious meal with wine and olive oil tastings. This small-group Vespa tour in Tuscany is limited to 16 people.
Begin with a Florence Pickup, and Vespa Safety Checks
Begin your guided Vespa tour in Tuscany with a pickup in the center of the city by comfortable air-conditioned minivan, and switch the urban chaos for the serene countryside. On arrival at our base, listen as your tour guide delivers a comprehensive orientation to help ensure your safety and comfort throughout your tour. Master the basics of riding a Vespa, and check you’re familiar with the motorcycle’s controls.
Escape into the Rolling Tuscan Hills
With your safety briefing complete, the open roads beckon! Open the throttle, follow your experienced guide along the winding country lanes, and soak up breathtaking vistas of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. With each turn, you'll be greeted by sprawling vineyards stretching as far as the eye can see. The aroma of the earth and the gentle caress of the wind on your face create an unparalleled sensory experience, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the magic of Tuscany.
As you cruise along the picturesque roads, keep an eye out for hidden treasures such as medieval churches and ancient wineries that dot the landscape. Each stop along your route offers a chance to breathe in the history and heritage of the region, creating unforgettable memories of your Vespa adventure in Tuscany. We’ll also enjoy a short visit around the town of Greve in Chianti, where there will also be a tasting of local products.
Enjoy a Tuscan Winery Visit
After a 30-kilometer (19-mile) round trip at a leisurely pace of 25 kilometers per hour (15 mph), the tour brings you to a renowned Chianti winery. Here, embark on a guided tour and gain insight into the intricate process of winemaking in Tuscany. As you explore the cool cellars, discover rows of oak barrels where the wine slowly matures and develops its distinctive character. Learn the secrets of aging and blending, and hear how each element contributes to the creation of remarkable wines.
Traditional Tuscan Meal, with Wine and Olive Oil Tasting
Then, it’s time to end your Vespa tour in style with a traditional Tuscan lunch or dinner (depending on your chosen departure time), served with a wine and olive oil tasting.
When your time at the Tuscan winery comes to an end, return in comfort to your starting point in Florence to conclude your tour.
A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license), make sure you have it with you on the tour, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehichles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. NO REFUND will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
- This tour option entitles client to ride the iconic original PIAGGIO VESPA or Electric VESPA, but PIAGGIO ZIP scooters (which are smaller) are also available (SMART OPTION).
- A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. As for any vehicle rental, please note that clients will be given two options to choose from, to cover vehicle damages (either one of these two will need to be chosen in order to rent the Vespa): subscribe an additional insurance (€20,00 per vehicle, not refundable) or sign for a guarantee deposit of €500,00 on their credit card.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- The maximum load the Vespa can tolerate is 170 kg / 374 lbs (whether one or two people, bags included). At check-in, Towns of Italy reserves the right to exclude participants from this tour if these requirements are not met. No refund will be due.
The tour departure will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the tour, avoiding the rain until street conditions guarantee a safe ride. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly.
No-shows will not be refunded.
Guest options on rainy days, to be communicated immediately at the Front Desk staff during check-in operations:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy rain.
Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather, with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting.
2) Reschedule the tour for another day, subject to availability. Please apply to the reception desk in order to ask availability for rescheduling the experience.
If no suitable date / time is available for the reschedule, you will be able to choose any other experience available, with an equal or less value, or eventually an experience with a higher value, paying only the difference.
3) A credit, called Rain Check, (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date, and lasts up to 1 year from the date of issue. As a transferable voucher, it can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person