Walk through the UNESCO World Heritage-listed centre of Florence, discovering the secrets of its art and history with an expert tour guide. Our tour explores the historic and architectural heritage from the city’s Roman foundation to the modern day.
About this tour:
- Walking tour of Florence’s UNESCO-listed historic centre
- See the city’s most famous landmarks including the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio
- Listen to the interesting explanations of an expert guide
- Skip the line tickets to the Accademia Gallery
- See Michelangelo’s David and other Renaissance masterpieces
Walk through the history and heritage of the Renaissance
See the building blocks of the Renaissance by visiting the spots where the Medici family transformed the world. The family used their vast power and resources to challenge traditional thinking, ushering in revolutionary art and science that had never been seen before, which still resonates today.
Tick off Florence’s most famous landmarks as you wander through the historic centre
Our tour will take you to a host of Florentine attractions: Piazza della Signoria and the Palazzo Vecchio town hall; The Duomo; the Baptistery with its “Gates of Paradise”, Giotto’s Belltower, Brunelleschi’s Dome; Santa Trinità and Orsanmichele Church; the Ponte Vecchio Bridge. Not only that, you’ll explore famous shopping streets and the Oltrarno, the artisan district. All that working will work up an appetite, so there’s space for a tasty break before the highlight of the tour.
Visit the Accademia Gallery with skip-the-line tickets
Meet your guide and enter the Accademia Gallery museum with fast-track entrance tickets. There, you’ll discover the statue that has come to symbolise the Renaissance: Michelangelo’s David. The 5.17m (17 foot) statue stands in the museum’s central gallery - but there’s plenty more to see too. See Michelangelo’s famously unfinished Prigioni and San Matteo sculptures, as well as masterpieces by Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto and more.
- Please let us know in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum.
- Please note that even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum."
This tour runs on rain or shine.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person
based on a group of 4