Get a different perspective of Florence as you gaze at the city’s churches, domes and towers from the River Arno at the most romantic time of the day: sunset.
About this tour:
- Ride one of just four remaining traditional wooden boats in Florence
- Get the most beautiful views of Florence at sunset by the river
- Admire the palazzi that line the riverbank
- See the sights from the river, including the Pontevecchio Bridge and Uffizi Gallery
- Enjoy a chilled glass of wine or soft drink for kids
It’s Venice that’s known for its gondola rides but you can try one in Florence too. This sunset gondola ride is the perfect way to get acquainted with the birthplace of the Renaissance - especially if you’re travelling with a loved one.
Get a unique view of Florence at the most romantic time of day
Gaze at Florence’s churches, domes and towers from a unique viewpoint at the most romantic time of day: sunset. As the sun sets, it will see all of those monuments basking in golden blow, even further enhanced from the calm waters of the River Arno. Pick out the rosy, orange and golden hues of the rippling water as you pass palazzi and bridges on this once-in-a-lifetime tour of Florence.
Ride one of just four traditional Florentine gondolas
Meet your guide who will take you to a barchetto, a traditional Florentine wooden boat of which there are only four originals left in the city. The true tradition holder, your barcaiolo, will guide you down the river with his long pole. There are no noisy engines here, just the voice of your expert guide who will unveil the secrets of the Arno River.
Pass the city’s attractions before a chilled glass of wine
You’ll pass by the Uffizi gallery, under the Ponte Vecchio, and learn more about the mysterious Vasari Corridor. You’ll also have the chance to discover the Santa Trinita Bridge and the Palazzo Corsini. As the tour comes to a close, you’ll enjoy a chilled glass of wine to celebrate your romantic stay in Florence - an unforgettable and romantic evening in the Cradle of the Renaissance.
Please let us know in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience.
In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person
based on a group of 4