Have you ever wanted to see the Cradle of the Renaissance from a different perspective? See and experience the splendour of Florence on a traditional boat from the Arno River.
About this tour:
- Take a unique and leisurely cruise down the Arno river
- Get on board of “barchetto”, one of only four traditional boats left in Florence
- See the Uffizi gallery and the beautiful palazzos that stand on the riverbank
- Enjoy a glass of wine or a breakfast in the morning to celebrate your stay in Florence
- Enjoy informative and entertaining commentary with some colourful local stories!
An Italy boat ride would usually be associated with Venice or the Amalfi Coast. However, this romantic boat trip of the River Arno allows you to see a different side of Florence that you don’t get from a walking or cycling tour. Float away with the charm of a traditional boat and relaxed atmosphere.
See Florence in a new light with an ancient tradition
Come aboard a Florentine gondola for a romantic and unique cruise and “Aperitivo” on the Arno River where you’ll see Florence from a completely different perspective. Where is the Arno river? It passes through the centre of Florence, Empoli and Pisa on its way to the Tyrrhenian Sea.
Float away and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere
You’ll enjoy a leisurely cruise on a “barchetto,” one of only four traditional wooden boats left in Florence. A “barcaiolo”, a true Florentine tradition holder, will guide the boat expertly down the river with his long-reaching pole. There are no noisy engines on the Arno, only the charm and tradition and the voice of your expert guide. They will unveil the secrets of the river as well as inform you of the history of the grand palazzos which line the ancient waterway. You’ll even hear a few colourful local stories!
Discover the most beautiful buildings by the river with a glass of wine
You will pass by the Uffizi gallery, under the Ponte Vecchio, and you’ll find out more about the mysterious Vasari Corridor. You will also have the chance to discover the Santa Trinita Bridge and the amazing Palazzo Corsini. All of this with a glass of wine in your hand as you enjoy a refreshing “aperitivo.” There really is no better way to enjoy the charm of the Florence Italy river than from the relaxed comfort of a traditional gondola-style boat! If you choose morning departure, the glass of wine will be replaced by breakfast.
Please note that the morning departure includes an Italian breakfast instead of the aperitivo and has a duration of 1,5 hours.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience.
In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person