Take a romantic cruise with this tour of Florence at sunset along the Arno River. With just four traditional Florentine gondolas left, it’s a unique and not to be missed experience!
About this tour:
- Take a romantic cruise down the Arno river at sunset
- Get on board of one of the four traditional “barchetti” left in Florence
- Admire the Uffizi gallery and the palazzos that flank the river
- Enjoy an “aperitivo” with a glass of wine on board
- Listen to entertaining commentary and colourful local stories during the cruise
What is the river under Ponte Vecchio in Florence? Arno River. And this tour will enable you to travel on it whilst seeing the city in a whole new light on this unforgettable sunset Florence boat ride. Savour the best of the beautiful city at the most romantic and evocative time of day!
Get a new perspective on Florence whilst experiencing an ancient tradition
Come aboard one of only four “barchetti” left in Florence for an inspiring sunset boat cruise on the Arno River. The Arno River slices through the Cradle of the Renaissance on the way to the Tyrrhenian Sea via Empoli and Pisa - but you won’t be going that far! The leisurely cruise will allow you to see Florence from a totally different perspective that you don’t get on walking or cycling tours and you will savour the best of this beautiful city at sunset.
Meet your “barcaiolo” and relax into a serene trip along the river
You’ll have a knowledgeable guide who will give you commentary on what you’re seeing, but it’s your “barcaiolo” who will guide the boat along the river with his long-reaching pole. There are no noisy engines on the Arno river, only the charm and tradition of the experience and the stories your guide tells you about what you can see. You may even get some funny and colourful local stories.
See the sights from the river
As well as passing the beautiful palazzi that line the river, you’ll also see some of the city’s most notable attractions from your gondola Florence. Admire the architecture of the Uffizi gallery, gaze up in awe as you pass under the Ponte Vecchio and find out more about a hidden gem: the Vasari Corridor. You’ll also discover the Santa Trinita Bridge and the Palazzo Corsini, all with a refreshing glass of wine in your head for the “aperitivo.” There are few better tours of Florence if you’re looking to spend some quality time with a partner.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience.
In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person