Those looking for a bike Florence day tour will find this original city bike tour suits them perfectly. You’ll visit all the major tourist attractions under the watchful eye of your guide, whilst getting into all the nooks and crannies that tour buses and rental cars don’t fit through!
About this tour:
- Visit all of Florence’s major tourist attractions with an English speaking guide
- Learn fun facts about the city’s history
- Have a tasty gelato included in the tour
- Choose among options for tandem bikes and kids
- Enjoy a mostly flat and unchallenging route
Can you visit Florence by bike? Yes, it is possible and this small group bike tour is the perfect way to do it. You can get to narrow streets and pedestrian areas that tour buses and rental cars can’t!
The perfect city for biking
Much of Florence’s historic centre is pedestrianised so it’s actually a great place to cycle. Join this Firenze bike tour to see way more than you would in an average walking tour as you spend less time getting from place to place! You’ll be accompanied by an experienced and knowledgeable English-speaking guide so there’s no need to worry about getting lost. And they know all the places that the tour buses can’t get to!
Visit all of Florence’s major attractions from two wheels
You’ll ride through the narrow streets of the historic centre and the Oltrarno District, where you’ll get a chance to see the city’s most amazing monuments such as the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Square - though you won’t go inside any of the monuments. You’ll also find some unknown and off-the-beaten-track spots from which to admire the city, which are great for photo opportunities. If you have any questions, just ask your guide who will regale you with fun facts and historical explanations whenever you fancy.
Discover the “Cradle of the Renaissance” and enjoy a gelato along the way
Most people who have done this tour agree that it’s the most fun way to discover Florence - and it saves you a lot of time. Of course, the tour is not rushed and there’s even time to stop for a gelato, the price of which is included in the tour. There are options for bikers of any age, as well as families, and couples can even choose a tandem bike. Most of the itinerary is flat and there is a little riding in streets with traffic, so some confidence in riding a bike is required.
The itinerary is flat and not challenging but please note that a normal biking skill is required.
Most of the itinerary is in the predestrian area, but also some riding in streets with little traffic is involved. Confidence in riding a bike is required.
Please note we do not visit the inside of monuments and museums.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain.
Concerning specifically the bike tour, we will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the possible rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly.
No-shows will not be refunded.
The meeting point is in our booking office in Piazza Mentana 2red, Florence (opposite the Arno River).
price per person